CoD: Modern Warfare 2 And Warzone 2 Patch Notes Include Buy Station Improvement And Several Bug Fixes
Following the launch of Season 3 on April 12, a small update has arrived to make several improvements to both Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, including fixes for the battle pass, crashing issues, and even a small improvement to Warzone 2’s Buy Stations.
This new update makes small changes to Season 3’s battle pass. When inspecting a sector from the map view of the pass, the selection will now automatically take players to the most valuable reward in that sector. Activision’s patch notes also address an issue that previously caused some players to be kicked back to the main menu after a second attempt to enter the battle pass.
Last week’s update for Season 3 added more Buy Stations on the map for Ashika Island Resurgence, and this week’s improvement will now make it faster for controller players to buy gear from the stations. According to the patch notes, players using a controller will now start on the gear selection menu when entering a Buy Station. Previously, no menu was auto selected, and players would need to take the extra step of tabbing down to access the menus.
Other battle royale changes include a fix for an issue that previously caused some players to have spawn protection incorrectly applied after a Gulag match, and a bug was squashed that caused players to spawn in a lobby with a default loadout instead of their favorited loadout.
On the DMZ side, the update fixed an issue where players using a controller were unable to pick up an enemy’s backpack after eliminating them. It also corrected a bug that caused the “Enforcer” Raid reward to not properly equip in DMZ matches.
This update also contains fixes for a number of known crashes across Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2. The full patch notes can be found below, as shared by Activision.
Call of Duty is currently offering a free access weekend for Modern Warfare 2, making certain multiplayer playlists free to play from April 19-26.
- This update contains fixes for a number of known crashes
- Improved usability of controller stick rotation in Weapon Preview by preventing the weapon from sliding back and forth.
- When you inspect a sector from the map view of the Battle Pass, the selection will now automatically take you to the most valuable reward in the sector.
Global Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the Killcam not to trigger properly.
- Fixed an issue causing users to be kicked back to the Main Menu after a second attempt to enter the Battle Pass.
- Fixed an issue where despite having Dismemberment and Gore Effects turned off, enemies still exploded while using the “Singularity” Blueprint.
- Fixed an issue where CDL weapon stickers would not show on weapons in-game or in Gunsmith.
- Fixed an issue where you can trigger the search in the invite Players popup when you shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue in the Events tab where the price of a Reward appeared in red even though you had enough Trophies to redeem it.
- Fixed an issue where some Rewards in the level progression screen didn’t have descriptions.
- Fixed an issue where the Player could be kicked to the Main Menu after scrolling through the most recent players section of the Social screen.
- Fixed an issue where Players wouldn’t see rain on Pelayo’s Lighthouse after infilling on Kortac Team.
- Fixed an issue where the base TAQ-56 would display when previewing non-Blueprint Rewards for Ranked Play.
Battle Royale Adjustments
- Improved Buy Station interface for Players using a controller to now start on Gear Selection.
- Fixed an issue causing rewards for the “Hold The Line” mission to not be rewarded to Players after completion.
Battle Royale Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue causing Players to have spawn protection incorrectly applied after a Gulag match.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to spawn in a Battle Royale lobby with a Default Loadout instead of their favorited Loadout.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to crash when attempting to open the AAR.
- Added a one-minute countdown on DMZ match start before Player can use UAV Killstreak.
- Added a message in DMZ Active Duty Operator Slots explaining that the last Operator cannot be dismissed.
DMZ Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the “Enforcer” Raid reward was not properly equipping in DMZ.
- Fixed an issue where the “Double Cross” Mission in DMZ would incorrectly require a specific Dead Drop location
- Fixed an issue where Players using a controller were unable to pick up an enemy’s backpack after eliminating them.
- Fixed an issue that could duplicate weapons after dropping and stowing inventory interactions in DMZ.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Gaming News Click Here