Plane evacuated after phone catches fire mid-air – Times of India

An Alaska Airlines aircraft, Flight 751, flying from New Orleans to Seattle, US had to evacuate on arrival at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport after a passenger’s phone caught fire mid-air. Alaska Airlines in a statement to The Verge said that the flight crew had to use fire extinguishers and a “battery containment bag to stop the phone from smoking”. Due to the smoke and use of fire extinguishers inside the cabin, it was difficult to make the passenger deboard the plane as they would have normally and evacuation slides had to be deployed at the airport “due to hazy conditions inside the cabin”.
A report by The Seattle Times, quoting the spokesman for the Port of Seattle said that the passenger’s phone that caught fire was a Samsung Galaxy A21.

Cooper in his statement to The Seattle Times said, “After much digging, I can tell you that the phone was burned beyond recognition. However, during an interview with one of our Port of Seattle Police officers, the passenger volunteered the phone was a Samsung Galaxy A21. Again, we could not confirm it by looking at the remains of the device.”
Two passengers were taken to a local hospital for treatment. There’s no information yet on how serious their injuries are. The Alaska Airlines Flight 751 had 129 passengers and six crew members onboard.
As per a report by Associated Press, after the passengers slid down from the plane using the evacuation slides on the runway, they were taken to the terminal by bus.
The authorities or Samsung is yet to pinpoint the exact cause of the phone catching fire. The passenger’s phone said to have “overheated and began sparking”.

Stay connected with us on social media platform for instant update click here to join our  Twitter, & Facebook

We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.

Loading...

For all the latest Technology News Click Here 

 For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News

Read original article here

Loading...
Denial of responsibility! TechiLive.in is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.